Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
ECM Connector in a Form does not have the task in the browser.jsp
catorarn
Solution Stack: MediaBin462, TeamSite672, SitePublisher3.1, ECM2.0, win2003. Active Directory domain CPWPLC setup against Mediabin and TeamSite.
Mediabin User: CPWPLC\svc-mediabin
Mediabin User has Task Administration privileges. In the Mediabin Client the user can add a new task
Issue Description:
In the LiveSite Image Component, the option Import from Mediabin will open a popup (browser.jsp I believe), which contains a task combobox widget.
In the out-of-the-box forms for ecm, I cannot get this same combobox show up.
I believe that both use the same browser.jsp in
\httpd\webapps\content_center\ecmconnector\mediabin.
I added a java System.out.println("mbTasks:" + mbTasks); to this jsp and restarted the servlet. This indicated null. It looks like the array of tasks is not retrieved.
What should I check or do to get the forms to work with the task combobox?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
cliff1
This is by design when using the ecm connector in a form. In general, the objective of a form is to make the data entry very easy for the end user to reduce errors and not burden the end user with these types of decisions. The DCR and associated image need to be rendered by some presentation layer (LiveSite, Presentation Template or custom) and the end user generally should be shielded from which task should be used to get the web appropriate rendition. I can see valid arguments where this does not apply to specific circumstances, but that is the goal.
Note: If you use the ecm connector from the "Import > From MediaBin" menu option (I.e., not from a form), you will see a list of retrieval tasks.
catorarn
thanks for the explanation.
The business requirement is coming from a large global commercial enterprise. They would like to have autonaming of images when importing assets. I am trying to figure out how we can enforce this through the various import options the user has.
I was thinking of using a task that does autonaming on import, but there are various considerations involved, like this one.
What would you think would be a good approach here? Possibly using hotfolder editor on a workarea folder to synchronise after someone has picked an image?
regards
cliff1
removing duplicate post - sorry (left window open and submitted twice).
cliff1
I'm a little confused how the auto-naming of the imported rendition and the ability for the end-user to select a MediaBin retrieval task are related? In other words, how does allowing the end user to select a retrieval task in the DCR form help solve the auto-naming issue.
The normal way to enforce naming from a DCR is to use the deferred import mode where the file is imported when the user selects the generation option. This means that you have to use a Presentation Template (PT) to do the import. In the presentation template, you can construct the full area relative path for the imported file (path and filename) using whatever logic you desire. One caveat is that the PT must use the "old school" perl based solution instead of the XSLT solution, so it might not be a good solution.
You can certainly add business logic in a workflow to do whatever you desire. Just be careful to update the places that reference the file so that you don't have broken links/references. For example, the DCR will store the path to the imported file, so if you rename the file you need to update the internal reference in the DCR (fairly simple XML manipulation).