We recently migrated to TS 6.7.1 SP1 on RH Linux AS 4.The TeamSite display name uses the OS database gecos user comment field.The user comment from the gecos field (/etc/passwd) is very long and that fwhen displayed on TS GUI, hides the "Logout", "View User", "About" and "Help" buttons.Also our organization's user id management process doesn't allow us to truncate the gecos field in /etc/passwd file.Does anyone know the steps to make OS user id as the display name on TS GUI.?Thanks in advance.
...they didn't expect anyone to be using the gecos field for anything other than the user's actual name...
Rightfully so. Why anybody would put his detailed biography in gecos is beyond me. What's the use?
Yea but a pretty impressive title huh ? :rolleyes:
Folks, that was just an example of a user with long gecos field.I contacted support and I 've been asked to modify the cssdk_doc.jar.Not sure where to begin :-)
they just referred the doc jar. not sure just the doc jar can help. Wondering if Interwoven would support a product after I modify their code.