Hi,
I'm using C#.net to access the mediabin webservice.
my connection and query code looks like:
//vars:
private string wsdlURl = "
http://prodserver/mediabinwebservice/MediaBinServer.asmx?WSDL";
private string strUsername = "prodUser";
private string strPassword = "prodPassword";
service = new MediaBinServer();
Uri u = new Uri(wsdlURl);
CredentialCache cache = new CredentialCache();
cache.Add(u, "Basic", new NetworkCredential(strDomain + "\\" + strUsername, strPassword));
service.Credentials = cache;
MBContainer container = service.GetContainerByPath(collectionName, parentCollectionGuid, false);
in our production environment, this works.
However, in our development env (different values for wsdlURl , strUsername, strPassword), I get a 401 unauthorized error on the service.GetContainerByPath line.
Now, I can use the dev username and password to get access to the web app; at the user/pass popup screen and the following webform user/pass screen, I enter those credentials and get in.
I know mediabin manages permissions in a few different ways (active directory, sql level, metadata field level).
But how does the API access permissions work?
thanks for your time.