Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Simple Submit Question
chriso
I'm on TS 5.5.2 on Solaris using WFB
I'm new to workflow, read the entire wf dev guide but still not sure how to do this:
If either user joe or user bill submit a file in branch "www" I want a custom workflow to kick off on submit and send their files to an approval group of two people, either of whom could approve at which time the real submit into STAGING would happen. Seems like a REALLY simple process that TS WF should be able to handle no problem. Can someone through me a bone how to set this up in WFB? I think I'm missing the purpose of the group task. How to specifiy that only ONE of the group needs to approve for the flow to continue. Any help appreciated.
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
james1
> I think I'm missing the purpose of the group task. How to
> specifiy that only ONE of the group needs to approve for the
> flow to continue.
That's what a grouptask is. A grouptask defines a group of users, any one of which may take ownership of the task. Once a user takes ownership of the task, only he/she may do things to the task, including finish it (i.e., approve or reject).
Hope this helps.
-- James
--
James H Koh
Interwoven Engineering
Migrateduser
You could certainly use a grouptask to do this, or if it's always going to be the same 2 people who approve, you can set up 2 usertasks that are or'd together prior to the submittask. Can't help you with workflow builder, but it would be a simple modification to one of the OOTB workflows. If no one actually does it for you here, email me and I can give you something that should fit your needs.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com