Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Workflow Tab: ability to view jobs and tasks
SethHickel
I have a disparity between what is available to a TeamSite author in the workflow tab between my production and development environments that I need to correct. I need to understand how to affect that part of the gui if it is not through the administration of roles via the Administration tab.
I have the Author role configured the same in both my dev and prod environments. Actually, I have not changed these roles in either environment; They are as they were out of the box.
In production when a user who has been added in the role of author to my branch logs on and views the workflow tab they can see and access both "Jobs" and "Tasks."
In development when a users who has been added in the role of author to my branch logs on and views the workflow tab they can only see "Tasks."
I can't seem to find why the disparity between the two environments. Does the "Manage Roles" section on the Admin tab affect what the users in different roles can see on the Workflow tab? It would seem that my setting shown in the attached jpg's would not allow the author's to see jobs in either environment. I'm not having much luck searching the forum or documentation.
Thanks for any help.
Development:
Version: Interwoven TeamSite 6.7.1.0
Build Number: 60750
Production
Version: Interwoven TeamSite 6.7.1.0
Build Number: 60750
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I seem to recall running into this at a past project, I seem to recall that it had something to do with the browser / browser version being used - but it might also have had something to do with UITK customizations (we had configured/installed the "sample_customer" stuff on our Dev box) - If you've done that, you might want to make sure you go through the right process of un-configuring/un-installing it and see if that resolves your problem.
Bunty
hi,
Plz confirm again that perticular user whom you have assigned Author role does not have any other role i.e. "editor" being inherited from other groups.
you can check this if the user (Author) belongs to same set of groups, in both production box and development box.
It must work, as per assigned roles in Administration Tab.
I am also using same version of TS. n working on same kind of configuration issues.
regards
AJ.
SethHickel
Thank you for the replies.
We have not made any user interface customizations via the UITK.
This/these users are not inheriting any higher (editor) roles.
I've tested this on IE6, IE7 and Firefox and get the same results on all three.
Any additional thoughts?
Thank you.
SethHickel
Are there specific configuration files that you can identify for me to look at?
Thanks.
SethHickel
Two more screen shots showing the workflow tab in our dev and production environment with a user in the role of author logged in.