Hi,I am using teamsite 6.5.2 and planning to upgrade to 6.7.2. Going through the different documents, I understand that the user access / role concept has been changed in 6.7. I have a question on this - My teamsite installation makes use of customized code for user creation in teamsite 6.5.2. I need the new users (along with role) to be added to my customized database (along with author.uid file). Hence, to create a new user, I have a GUI which makes entry to my customized database and then adds the userid in the author.uid file.My understanding about 6.7 is that this version has combined all the uid files (author.uid, master.uid, etc) into a single file called tsusers.xml. Hence, I think if I change my customization part to write the new user details to tsusers.xml in the required xml format along with the custom database entry, then the application would continue working in the same way as it is currently. However, I would then be bypassing the teamsite way of creating new users in 6.7 and effectively updating the tsusers.xml file to create new users.Based on above, is my understanding correct? Would updating the tsusers.xml file directly cause any issue?Regards,Vikash
I believe that 6.7.2 has now eliminated the need to establish the users at the OS level? Does anyone know if this is true? I'm doing some analysis on 6.7.2 before planning an upgrade and ran into this posting..
I believe that 6.7.2 has now eliminated the need to establish the users at the OS level?