Hi, I just want to make sure the path that our team is taking will work.We have successfully mounted our old Solaris content store on our new environment. What we need to do is move a particular branch/workarea from the old store to the new one. Which is also a mounted store.All Editions and versions must be migrated.Is iwmigrate the correct tool for the job?
Is it possible to run iwmigrate to split the branch we need and have the destination path be the new store?
Will iwmigrate merge the data that is on the new store with the data that is being split from the old one?
Or is there another tool that will copy records with versions across stores to similar branches?Thank-you
Hey thanks for the replies so far.I guess I need to qualify a few things.When I mentioned "split" I was referring to iwmigrate being able to extract a workarea/branch from an existing store and move it to a new store. I was trying to say "split" the store.When I mentioned "merge" I was hoping that the destination path of iwmigrate could be a pre-existing already populated store. That way the workarea/branch being removed from the source could be inserted merged into the destination (and hopefully the destination can already have pre-existing data)
When I mentioned "split" I was referring to iwmigrate being able to extract a workarea/branch from an existing store and move it to a new store. I was trying to say "split" the store.When I mentioned "merge" I was hoping that the destination path of iwmigrate could be a pre-existing already populated store.