Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
TS 6.7.1 SP1 upgrade - queries
mpal
Hi,
We are palnning to upgrade to TS 6.1 SP2 to TS 6.7.1 SP1.
Existing Env:
OS - Solaris 8
TS - 6.1 SP2
OD - 6.1
Iplanet(LDAP) - 5.1
DB : Oracle 10g
I have few queries on this and would like to get some suggestions to go ahead with the upgrade:
1) To which OS version should I upgrade- Is it Solaris 9 or Solaris 10.
The reason being, I read in one of the article saying that if I Migrate to Soalris 10 it is always better to do fresh Installation of TS and then migrate the customization as well as content store.
Could you please suggest me thereason for this.
Or is it Okey if OS is migrated to Solaris 9 and perform TS upgrade rather than fresh Installation.
2) I think TS 6.7.1 SP1 is compatible with OD 6.1, In that case If I migrate just base to 6.2 keeping receiver in the existing versoin of OD 6.1, Is this compatible.
3) What is the process to follow to perform User migration if I'm using LDAP.
Thanks in advance
Mpal
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Hi
1) it is because you may encounter NFS mounting problems , also loading of the WFS driver probs in Teamsite if we do an upgrade.
2) Opendeploy 6.2 base server is compatible to Opendeploy 6.1 Receiver
3) If you have all the users configured in LDAP, then there is no need to user migration, since the SID of the user remains the same.
All you need to do is to configure LDAP as an authentication method in your iw.cfg file.
Thank you
Paul
mpal
Thanx Paul
AnotherDSFieldInChartLabels.rptdesign