Hi,
I'm setting up a connection to our MediaBin Development server.
Upon running some tests, it looks like the Development Webservice is looking at our production data. Or something.
I ran a test script, against both the production connection settings and the development connection settings:
[ all values are pulled directly from MediaBinServer object]
on Production:
servername : Met Images
: wcl :
http://spmiws00/mediabin/ImageInfo.asp?user=mediabinprodservice&server=spmiapp00&domain=MMA&repoid= Site : undefined
Url :
http://spmiws00/mediabinwebservice/MediaBinServer.asmx Proxy :
ProtocolVersion: 4.5.3
Credentials : System.Net.CredentialCache
ConnectionGroupName :
AllowAutoRedirect: False
: test Result : User MMA\mediabinprodservice successfully connected to Met Images.
got Root container : {889D4837-0612-4A9E-8BF7-C031D74868E7}
should match :{889D4837-0612-4A9E-8BF7-C031D74868E7}
The last two lines indicate the rootContainer as retrieved from getRootContainer method, compared to what I know the root Container Guid to be (based on looking at the web app). Tested against the production connection, those values match.
However, same test against Development connection information:
: wcl :
http://spmidevap01/mediabin/ImageInfo.asp?user=mediabindevservice&server=spmiapp00&domain=MMA&repoid= Site : undefined
Url :
http://spmidevap01/mediabinwebservice/MediaBinServer.asmx Proxy :
ProtocolVersion: 4.5.3
Credentials : System.Net.CredentialCache
ConnectionGroupName :
AllowAutoRedirect: False
: test Result : User MMA\mediabindevservice successfully connected to Met Images.
got Root container : {889D4837-0612-4A9E-8BF7-C031D74868E7}
should match :{D0E2492F-113E-455C-B329-8551DB2BBDF7}
See that the rootContainer value as found in the search, doesn't change, even though the Url is different
When I visit the production and development web applications, I see that they are looking at different data. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong here, that my attempts to get the rootContainer in development, are showing the rootContainer from production.
As a note, I've got two web references in my c# code: one for MediaBinSoapDev and MediaBinSoapProd. In my code, change the "using" line depending on which service I want to access. It looks like my web references are both pointing to the correct wsdl now, and it seems like the values in the MediaBinServer are indicating it's pointing at the development server; but somehow queries are getting routed to the production server?
any thoughts? Chances are I'm doing something boneheaded again...