Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Replace Forms publisher
piyush_mit
Hello all,
I need to replace Forms publisher with an external 3rd party WYSIWIG editor. I need to block access to CommandServlet and based on some meta need to call the editor.
Can anyone help me in this regard?
Thanking you in anticipation.
Cheers.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Faizi
Would you post your exact requirement and the environment with TS version.
nipper
Can you replace forms publisher ? Sure. How long will it take and how much develpoment will be involved ? Don't know but it may be very high.
Why you would do this I have no clue. But if someone wants to pay you to for 6 months to integrate some other 3rd party product to do everything that forms publisher does, well they are dumb.
Migrateduser
I think you want to replace the Ektron's eWebEditPro. If you are on TS671, there is another editor that ships with TeamSite called tinyMCE. I am pretty sure there are other editors out there that you can try to use. But integrating them with teamsite might not be that easy.
ISCBorisB
I think you want to replace the Ektron's eWebEditPro...
That's not what piyush_mit indicated. His post clearly states that "I need to block access to CommandServlet and [...] call the editor".
piyush_mit
Hello all,
Thanks for all your reply.
Since my last post I was busy in decoupling FormsPublisher with TS to replace with an external WYSIWYG editor. Well it was a not that tough :-)
I just routed the specifics call (edit/create) to ComamndServlet with custom calls in Filter. It works perfectly and results are quite good compared to FP.
Thanks again.
Cheers,.
Piyush
BlueWhale
Hello piyush,
Just wondering how you got it working. Could you please explain more on this?
Thanks.
piyush_mit
Hello,
I placed a Custom Filter which routes all calls CommandServlet.
On Edit/Create commands I call my Servlet with required parameters to open custom WYSWIG editor. While saving I write the data back to TS.