Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Files to be Attached using Modeler
vbaijal
Hi
I am using TeamSite 6.7.1 SP1 on windows 2003 server.I am creating workflows using Workflow Modeler 1.0.0.0.
My objective is to create a workflow which gets initiated when a file is submitted.On the instantiation screen I want an option to browse certain files (from various folders in the same workarea)which need to be attached to this workflow.Finally after the review process completes successfully with the file selected initially ,then all these files together need to be deployed to the Server using OD.
For deploying the files I use an external task which calls wft_opendeploy.ipl.
In this .ipl file there is a variable called $filelist that holds the values of all the files asociated with a particular taskid. My problem is that when the workflow initiates then only one file is associated with the task, so the taskis has only one file associted with it which passes on to the $filelist, but on the instantiation screen I need to attach some additional files which should get associated to the same task and thus the variable $filelist should have a list of all these files.
I am able to modify the instantiation screen to browse the additional files but the question is how would they be attached to the workflow?
Could someone be of any help.
Thanks,
Vijaya
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Firenze
Can you consider revising your start up approach?
Have the user find all the files, then click Action->New Job or Submit and launch the workflow that way?
All the files selected will be attached to the workflow automatically.
If the user wants to add more files mid-flow that this can be done on one of the user tasks.
You still may need to add some logic to regenerate your filelist as files and folders are added and removed from the file list.
vbaijal
Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
The directory structure is such that the asp files reside in different folders while the xml files reside in xmlapps folder.
My client wants to make changes in some xml files which reside in a folder called xmlapps.Thses xml files are referenced in asp files which are in different folders.Client doesnt want to submit the xml files for review instead he wants that after changes are made to thses xml files the asp files should be sent for reviewing.So he wants to click on asp files and den submit them for review.But as soon as the asp file is approved by the reviewer the client wants the associated xml's that he had edited previously to be deployed as well.
So I need to attach these xml's to the workflow by giving the client the functionality to browse all the files that he wants to deploy along with this asp file.
Thanks,
Vijaya
CRB
i am working on similar task, but we have different goals. i used a checkbox item with an inline cmd. the inline cmd generates list of all available files in a folder and presents them to the user as options (checkboxes). the user selects the files they want to attach to the task. of course, if you have too many files then checkbox wouldnt be an option, but the logic to attach them to the workflow will be the same. how to attach them thru formAPI (since i am using custom_instantion DCT) is what i am still working on it and i will update when i figure it out.
CRB
as an update to this thread: check out
http://devnet.interwoven.com/forums_vb/showthread.php?p=137964#post137964
vbaijal
Hi,
I undertood the logic but while implementing it I encountered another problem.
I need to browse the files which need to be attached.
I added
browser maxlength="200" initial-dir="/xmlapplication" size="50"
It displays correctly on the screen but when I click on the browse button a pop up says "datacapture_handleBrowseClick called".
Can someone please suggest how to solve this problem?
Thanks,
Vijaya