I create a DCR without any data in it and now I want to check the XML of this DCR, how can I check it ? When I create DCR, it should create an XML file in the data folder of that data type. Here when I created this DCR, there is no extension attached to this file. I have named this DCR as blankDCR and in data folder its there as blankDCR only. Should it not be blankDCR.xml ?
In some data folders, DCRs are created with .xml extension. When I click on a DCr with XML extension file in TS, I get a message "File Common.xml of type application/xml cannot be displayed in the browser window. You can download the file to your local system, or you can perform any of the standard VisualPreview actions using the toolbar" When this file can be clicked on and it can be shown in the browser, why is it not displayed when its in TS ?
So when an XML file is created , how can it be checked in browser ? As this browser will ignore all the tags that it does not recognize. I remember when an XML file is clicked , it just opens in browser with all the expandable tags expanding when clicked on plus sign. I dont remember how it was done. If I want to check a DCR (which is an XML file), in which there is no data, how can I check the XML of this DCR ?
I just found this thing based on other post.I selected a DCR iwov1, clicked on Actions > generate and then selected a folder to generate the page and named it as iwov1. When I clicked on OK, in the generated folder, I can see iwov1.xml and iwov1.html. When I click on this iwov1.xml , I can get the message to download it on local m/c and when I download it, I can see it in xml format. Whats the difference between this iwov1.xml in generated folder and iwov1 in data folder? When I click on iwov1 in data folder, it displays the DCR with info in all the fields which can not be edited.Can you pls explain the differences.thanks