Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
How to check component ?
nirjari
I have created a new component. When I click on this component in TS, I get an error page "System has encountered an internal error" and a long list of greyed out exceptions.
How can I preview the component that I created ?
When I click on the Edit, edit form shows up. When I click on "preview" in this form, I get message "cannot find pageEditMode mode dynamically". When I click ok on this message, I just see layout properties, content XML and External Data Configuration on the new screen that shows up. I can not see, how component will look.
So how can I check preview ?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
vpatel
What is in your servletd logs?
rajivgupta
Is this a external java component or a normal component ?
nirjari
this is normal SitePublisher component.
Bhargav Coca
this is normal SitePublisher component.
well check under /iwadmin/livesite/component/Workareas, you should see your components .
Thanks
nirjari
What I mean is component preview. How can I check , how component looks ? As explained earlier, when I click on preview, I get message "cannot find pageEditMode mode dynamically". When I click ok on this message, I just see layout properties, content XML and External Data Configuration on the new screen that shows up. I can not see, how component will look.
So thats my question, how to check how component will look ?
thanks
vpatel
Have you checked your servletd log to see any obvious error?
It definitely seems like that some TRAINING will be helpful. Please consider that.
nirjari
2009-05-22 11:47:15,337 [JMSBridge] WARN com.interwoven.bridge100 () - Value for ew_enable from TeamSite Server configuration: false
2009-05-22 11:47:15,342 [JMSBridge] WARN com.interwoven.bridge100 () - Disabling the ProxyServelet
Thats what is there in iweventproxy.log file
Stokes
This happens when the component has an error and cannot be previewed.
You need to look in
teamsite
/local/logs/iwui/servletd_out.log
. Chances are good that your component's XSL (or Java external, if you have one) is causing an exception that will be logged there.
Stokes.
vpatel
I'll take one servletd log not the proxy log!