Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Can not open error.log and access.log
nirali
When I try to open access.log and error.log on the server, I get the message "access denied". Why is that, I have admin rights on the server.
I can see these files in archive_log folder. I believe its programmed to be archived in tghis folder.
Where can I check permissions for these files ?
Where are these files located on the server ? When I check on my desktop, its located in "C:/program files/apache/logs/" I dont see apache folder in program files on the server, so where are these log files located on the server ?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
You really need to take some training.
log locations are defined in the locations section of iw.cfg by default they are in iwhome/local/logs
Some logs are kept open for write all the time. So some editors will fail if you try to open them and it cannot open for write. There is a sharing violation. TextEdit will fail opening them while notepad will work. Both logs you indicated will fail with certain editors
nirali
I know, default log location for interwoven log files is "/local/logs/"
Here error.log and access.log are not in the "/local/logs/" and they are not interwoven log files. I checked locations in iw.cfg, but I can not find the location for these log files. So where can I look for these files.
nipper
by default ui logs will be local/logs/iwui
Those 2 files are ui logs.
nirali
I was also under the same impression. But access.log and error.log are not in the iwui folder either.
Is there a way to determine location of these files ?
Secondly. when I use "iwgetlocation filename" , I just get a standard output "Config file templating.cfg not found (I:\iw-home\local\config\templating.cfg.cfg, I:\iw-home\config\templating.cfg.cfg)" for iwgetlocation templating.cfg.
Whats this due to ?
Firenze
The location and values written to the log is part of the TeamSite Apache server configuration in httpd.conf.template.