Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Open Deploy Web Services
System
Hi,
I am trying to write an urlexternaltask that will use the Open Deploy Web Services. When I run the task, I get the following error:
java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: RPC
A search on the web seems to point to different versions of axis is causing the problem. I am wondering if anybody else has tried to use the Open Deploy Web Services in the url external task to deploy files?
Thanks,
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Firenze
Have you made any progress on this?
I would be interested to know the use case related to Open Deploy Web Services.
Migrateduser
I am still researching on this issue and there could be several possibility. One, the axis client that is used with OpenDeploy 6.2.0 is not compatible with the one used with TeamSite 6.7.2. I have tried to replace the axis_combo.jar in /od-home/websvc/1.1/examples/client_java/jars to /iw-home/local/config/lib/content_center/customer_src/lib and ran make_toolkit.ipl while in the
/iw-home/local/config/lib/content_center/customer_src directory. What this does is gives a 404 error when you try to access TeamSite.
I've read somewhere that you might have to regerate the axis from the OpenDeploy wsdl so that they would have the same version.
I tried to generate the generated java by the following:
/iw-home/cssdk/ssj_653/bin/WSDL2Java --force --output-dir
/od-home/websvc/1.1/examples/client_java/gen2 --structure-package iw.examples.axisgen /od-home/websvc/1.1/wsdl/OpenDeployService.wsdl
But I see that the files in my gen2 directory are not the same ones that are in the generated directory. I am trying to see if iwov had to make/add changes to the generate files or it was autogenerated and ready to go.
I thought maybe I need a lower version of the jdk instead of using jdk1.5, to use jdk1.4.2. When I try to use that, I get the following error when trying to compile:
class file has wrong version 49.0, should be 48.0
on different class files....
If I just use external task, and in the command, I put /opt/interwoven/tools/java/bin/java -cp /odjarfiles/ -Dconfigdir=/locatation_of_conf -Dconfig=ODClient.jar iw.examples.cssdk_opendeploy.client.CSStartDeployment
it will deploy, and I will need to figure out how to do a callback to the workflow or transition to the next task.
Migrateduser
I also put of the jars into the servlet's endorsed directories, but that didn't work either.
vpatel
My guess would be that the version of Axis for the OOTB OD "Example Web Service" is different than the one used by TS. OOTB OD example includes the axis_combo.jar among other jar files versus TS uses axis.jar file.
You can very easily create your own WS client for this. With Eclipse IDE, you can recreate the AccessService and OD Web Service clients (both of them) by using the OOTB example WSDL files provided. In Eclipse, do File> New> Other> Web Service Client and then select the WSDLs as part of that process. First create the AccessService client and then the OD Web Service client. NOTE: In doing this make sure that you are NOT using the axis_combo.jar file but instead you compile it against the axis.jar from the TS ContentCenter web app. To be on the safe side, for any JAR files that you use to compile, if it is available in TS CC web app then try to use it from there first.
HTH!
Migrateduser
Do you know what I should put into the field when eclipse ask for:
"Enter a URI to a WSDL, WSIL or HTML document:"
I've tried to put in:
http://192.168.2.80:12973/iw/services/csf/1.1/accessservice
which didn't let me choose the access service.
So I tried this:
http://192.168.2.80/iw/services/cm/2.0/contentservices/WSDL
Which didn't let me click on next or finish.
So from the above url, I see I can try to get the access service wsdl from:
http://192.168.2.80:6060/iw/services/cm/2.0/contentservices/AccessService.wsdl
Which still does not let me click on next or finish after clicking ok.
So it basically comes down to the question:
What should I enter in the "Enter a URI to WSDL, WSIL or HTML document" field so that it would create the web service client?
vpatel
Have you tried hitting up those URLs directly in the browser and see if it works for you? It should bring up some XML type of document in the browser for each web service (OD & AS).
In any case, if that does not work then you should be able to select the actual .wsdl file that ships with OD and Access Service.
WSDL Locations:
------------------------------
OD WSDL: od-home/OpenDeployNG/websvc/1.1/wsdl/OpenDeployService.wsdl
AS WSDL: csf-home/AccessService/websvc/1.1/wsdl/CSFAccessService.wsdl