Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Live Site Component Issue
Rashmi123
LiveSite 2.2.1 (2.2.1.0.56618)
TeamSite 6.5.3
Win 2003 SP3
We are facing issues with the textarea datum type in LiveSite components. Whenever this textarea is a part of a container which is replicatable there is an issue with the content being entered in the textarea.
Whenever one clicks on the + button on a replicant in a LS component, the new container has the content from the previous container. So one has to remove this content to enter the new content for the new replicant field. When I am done with that and I click on the Apply button, the new content that I enter disappears and the old content appears back again. This only happens for a textarea (LS WYSIWYG) when I add a replicant and then edit it to add new content (after removing the content that was copied by LS itself from thew previous replicant.) This does not happen when I edit the textareas which are not a part of any replicants or edit any field which is not a textarea.
There is another strange behavious which I noted. Whenever I add a replicant and then edit the textarea, if I change the mode to HTML (The textarea has two modes - WYSIWYG and HTML), I dont seem to loose content.
So why do I loose the content in the scnario below:
1. OPen a component
2. Add a replicant
3. Edit the textarea in the new replicant to add new content by removing the old content that was copied from the previous replicant whose + button I clicked.
4. Click on Apply or Ok
5. Content disappears.
I note this behavious under the above conditions repeatedly and the customer more than once has lost content which costs them hours of work.
There is no information on this issue either in the documentation or in LS forums.
Please provide a solution and root cause for the issue ASAP.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Samir_Friend
Please post your XML and XSL code, to replicate and get a better view of the problem....