Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
MediaBin 4.6.2 Oracle Upgrade - CAD Queue Server Service not starting
brobertson
[This has been sent to support, just posting here for anyone else who might come across the issue]
Hi,
I have just had a problem when upgrading the Oracle version of MB 4.6.1 to MB 4.6.2, the CAD Queue Server Service was not starting through the Services Manager. In MPB.log stated this:
01/16/09 10:50:26 Started QueueServer Listener on local machine, port 4545.
However when you looked at the Services Manager it was “Stopped”. I did not have the same problem when I upgrade an SQL Server MediaBin from 4.6.1 to 4.6.2 the other day there was no such problems.
On inspection of the files that had changed, it appears that the Oracle upgrade is not updating 2 files:
[MB INSTALL PATH]\CAD\Server.properties
[MB INSTALL PATH]\CAD\QueueService\QueueService.exe.config
I have attached two zip files that contain the files in question from both the SQL Server install and the Oracle install.
If you compare the files you will see that they contain references to the version number of [MB INSTALL PATH]\CAD\QueueService\QueueServer.exe .
You will also notice that the Oracle version of these files contains the version number of the QueueServer.exe file from the 4.6.1 release (Version=5.3.2.22) – it did not get updated for some reason.
I was able to start the CAD Queue Server Service successfully after I updated these files on the Oracle install to have the correct version number (Version=6.0.0.15), plus I updated the publish.request.extensions.doc and publish.request.extensions.drw variables found in Server.Properties file.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
lyman
Thank you for the workaround. It has been brought to the attention of the install team.
Cheers,
Lyman Hurd