Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
moving Teamsite to VMWare
tssupport
I was recently given the task of supporting Teamsite in our department, which I know very little about. Not sure this is the right place to ask, but the app (version 6.5) is currently on MS Windows Server 2003 with very little space left. Our OPS department wants to install it on VMWare. My previous experience with applications on VMWare was several years ago and it wasn't good. But I'm sure it's matured since then.
Can anyone give me advice or share personal experience with Teamsite on VM Ware?
thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
There is a kb article on Interwoven's support site that says you can expect about 60% performance running it under vmware. But you should be able to run it without any hitches as long as as you follow the disk, cpu, and memory usage from the install guide. Also depends on which vmware you are going to use. ESX, Server, Workstation, etc.... If you run the ESX version without a host OS, you should give enough resources for that installation of TeamSite.
nipper
I happen to be a big fan of VMWare. I have used TS on a VMWare instance in a couple of engagements. Make certain the host has enough CPU/RAM, etc. Also there are certain flavors of VMWare and I have seen TS installed on the wrong type (which shut down after 30 minutes of inactivity). So I had to reinstall it on another instance.