Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Strange preview behaviour
mmb
TS6.7.1 SP1 patch 3
Solaris 10
When previewing a DCR the preview engine is appending "zz_tst_xxxxx_0" (or text like that) onto requests for assets that are referenced within the preview fragment
e.g.
my preview fragment contains a reference to
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/css/global.css" />
However when this is passed through apache (customer web server) on preview the request gets changed to give this error:
File does not exist: /default/main/xxxx/WORKAREA/xxxxx/css/zz_tst_u771916_0_global.css
This is happening for all refrenced assets , images, css, javascript.
I have not seen this behaviour before -has anyone else?
its basically breaking the preview.
I have tried putting iwproxy_remap regexes to fix it and they do work if I map exactly to the asset name
e.g.
_regex=(.*)/main/xxxx/WORKAREA/([^/]+)/css/.*(global.css)=$1/main/xxxx/WORKAREA/$2/css/$3
but not if I try to use a generic regex
(.*)/main/xxxx/WORKAREA/([^/]+)/css/zz_tst_.*?_.*?_(.*?\.css)
that does not match via iwproxy - but it does in a test script!!
Any ideas as to what's going on here?
thanks
-mark
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
pammi
Please try to use like above in href to the path based on ur location to css
rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../common/css/style.css"
Thanks
mmb
Sorry but I dont entirely follow your suggestion.
What do you mean?
Make the reference to the css relative e.g. ../css/global.css ?
how would that improve the situation?
thanks
mark
Migrateduser
Where is your css directory located? Is it in the WORKAREA or is it in the httpd directory?
mmb
its in the WORKAREA.
I am just trying to preview locally in the WORKAREA.
thanks
mark
Adam Stoller
its in the WORKAREA.
I am just trying to preview locally in the WORKAREA.
thanks
mark
Is /css truly at the root of the workarea, or is it within another sub-directory of the workarea?
I'm pretty sure I've had this working without any problems in previous engagements (right now I'm concentrating on other things) - and I don't recall this happening or needing to creating any proxy statements to fix it.
Have you tried running iwproxy in debug mode to see what it shows happening with the request for the CSS file?
mmb
Thanks for the responses.
yes /css is definately in the root of the workarea.
I am sure that this has not been a problem before either...
I ran iwproxy -d
and seem to get 2 types of response in the debug
1) the request for /css/style.css
which seems to get processed correctly, and mapped to workarea root
2) then further down the request output there are more entries for requests to /css/zz_tst_1_xxxx_style.css
which then fail to map to /css/style.css and end up in the preview (altough the reference in the preview source is just /css/style.css
It signs off these secondary requests with
[Access control not enabled for url ..../css/zz_tst_1_xxxx_style.css]
[Suppressing injection because of meta prefix]
All very odd.
Adam Stoller
Let's try a different tactic - how is the CSS reference being placed into the output file? (post the relevant portion of the PT code with sufficient context - and make sure you place it within [html]...[/html] markers so that it shows up correctly in the forum).