Hi,I am planning to install the latest version of teamsite, 6.7.2 SP1 on a fresh server. I am a bit confused with the different versions, teamsite patches and service packs on the download site. Can someone please help me with the installation path. What would be the best installation path?- Do I first install 6.7 and then move to 6.7.2 and then SP1? Where do I fit the teamsite patches?- Or can I directly install 6.7.2 and then apply SP1 and teamsite patches?Rgds,Vikas
Hi,I am planning to install the latest version of teamsite, 6.7.2 SP1 on a fresh server. I am a bit confused with the different versions, teamsite patches and service packs on the download site. Can someone please help me with the installation path. What would be the best installation path? - Do I first install 6.7 and then move to 6.7.2 and then SP1? Where do I fit the teamsite patches?- Or can I directly install 6.7.2 and then apply SP1 and teamsite patches?Rgds,Vikas
Vikas,Its really a great news that you are planning to install TS 6.7.2 SP1AK
Greg, On the contrary, TS 6.7.2 without SP1 is buggy...I would either stay at TS 6.7.1 SP1 ( a little buggy but OK) or move to TS6.7.2 SP1 but not anywhere in between.
I'm sure its great news 'cuz his client made someone in Sales very happy ;-)Greg, On the contrary, TS 6.7.2 without SP1 is buggy. I ran into the following without SP1:1. TinyMCE is totally broken - It spews out tons of errors (version 2.x)2. The DB schema needs an update in SP1 - so any development you do in the base that depends on the db is at risk in a future upgrade.3. SP1 adds additional segmentation and targetting related tags (even when you do not use those modules) to .page and .site files. That in itself is not bad, but it makes upgrading to SP1 on already developed sites more difficult.I would either stay at TS 6.7.1 SP1 ( a little buggy but OK) or move to TS6.7.2 SP1 but not anywhere in between.
We've been pretty happy with 6.7.2 plain, and had numerous issues with SP1 (luckily just on our dev server). We got a "black patch" on SP1 from support, then had to get another fix for that (some missing jars used to compile toolkits had to be copied from another location), then ran into issues where groups had disappeared from files and folders **including in EDITIONS**. We've halted any plans to apply SP1 in our other environments and are planning to wait for the first official patch on SP1 to come out (told to expect it some time next month). just my 0.02$/t