Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
OpenDeploy & WAS 4.0
ozzie
Has anyone integrated OpenDeploy 5.5 with WebSphere 4.0? We are looking for different deployment methods.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Ulf
Bump!
We're also doing this. Does anybody have DNR scripts that allow you to deploy an EAR or WAR file with OpenDeploy?
That's the method we're looking into. Any feedback or experiences would be helpful.
Thanks!
Dave Sorenson
Jackson National Life Insurance
boelyj
Hello all... I have the same issue/need. Before we were able to deploy nicely to web server using Websphere 3.5.1, but with the new "packaging" rules, we can't use OD and respect Websphere 4 rules... If anyone has done it (without buying Turbo I mean), by calling websphere command lines to repackage .WAR, .EAR and so forth I would be delighted to know about it... Best regards from sunny France.
Jérôme.
ToriC
We are working through ways to do this as well using WAS 5.0 and looking for best practices for deployments to WAS in development, QA and production. I would be interested to know if you utilize hot deployments/dynamic reloading to any environments or stick to strictly EAR based deployments. Thanks!
Migrateduser
Has anything happenned with developing a process to deploy EAR files to WAS?
chunk
I asked about this, too. Here's what I got from Interwoven...
>>You could automate the creation an Enterprise ARchive (ear file) by invoking the jar command from a deployment script. This script could be an OpenDeploy DNR or a workflow external task.
>>This would be similar to the task of creating Java class files from your Java source files. You would need to setup the appropriate execution environment and manage the dependencies.
>>Brinko Kobrin
>>Interwoven Staff Engineer
You can find the thread at...
http://devnet.interwoven.com/forums/cgi-bin/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=NEWSGROUPS_GENERAL&Number=6953&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1
good luck,
bill
ToriC
We have made some progress on this issue and are now using OpenDeploy dnR with a wsadmin script to deploy an EAR and update the application. The process is still manual for the initial application install. We are planning on doing this for our dev and QA environments. We are also looking at ways to handle multiple EARs and deploying to a clustered production environment.
Additionally we hope to use OD to do hot deploy of files between TeamSite and dev and/or qa. I will post any updates as we implement.
seeDerekNow
How realistic is this for sites that require content changes at the drop of a hat? A press release would be one example. Deployment cycles w/ WAS 4.0 take 2 weeks at the very least! Am I the only one that notices the huge disconnect between the need for rapid content deployment and the strict rules of WAS 4.0?
Derek
Johnny
We have just completed the development of a WAS 4 deployment model with Open Deploy. You may have noted an issue I had with open deploy in that forum.
If any one has specific issues, I might be able to help.
John Cuiuli
Sydney, Australia
java heap.png
ToriC
We now have EAR based deploys to WAS 5 in our Dev and QA environments with an automatic app restart in QA. Developers can do their own restarts or installs for that matter in Dev. We are still working on our production process but it is complicated by WAS synchronization so we cannot guarantee when JSPs for example are updated on both servers. Once we conquer production we will likely be looking at hot deploy once again.