Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Automatic "crop to edges" feature on "get" task
JasonCopsey
Hi,
I need to retrieve assets (e.g. bottle of wine on a square canvas with a web white background) with the asset cropped to edges automatically.
so if the bottle of wine is 150 pixels across and 400 pixels high but was sat in a canvas 500x500pixels, can mediabin crop to the x and y edges automatically?
I suspect not but wanted to be sure - I know the new beta has run time cropping but I need something automatic rather than interactive.
Many thanks
Jason Copsey
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
lyman
The MediaBin "crop" primitive can either function by removing a fixed amount from each edge (e.g., 10 from the top, 7 from the left, 5 from the right...) or cropping to a fixed size (e.g., make the resultant image 100x200).
What it cannot do is "remove a boundary of pixels that are all black" for example.
Cheers,
Lyman Hurd
JasonCopsey
Thanks for your reply Lyman,
In that case, how easy is it to contruct a primitive to perform this action - we have a .net app which we currently use and it would be nice to get this in Mediabin.
Have Interwoven opened the primitives up or made an sdk available for it?
Cheers