Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
buggy file listing in WebDesk
Grundy
We recently launched a new server running TeamSite 5.0.2 on Windows NT 4.0. Whenever somebody creates a new file using WebDesk Pro, or generates a templated file in either WebDesk or WebDesk Pro, that file is created with SYSTEM as the owner.
This causes major problems because such files cause the "View: All" listing in WebDesk to when trying to view a directory where such a file lives. It just displays "No files available", even when there are files in the directory. It only takes one SYSTEM-owned file in a dir to cause this, even if all other files are owned by users.
The weird part is that our development server does not have this problem. It also runs TeamSite 5.0.2 on Windows NT 4.0, but there any new files are created with the current user as the owner, and WebDesk works fine. So we know there must be a setting somewhere which controls this, but don't know where to look for it.
Any ideas?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
felipel
I don't have an answer, but wanted to let you know that we have this problem too. We run a clustered environment with TS 5.0.2 on Win2k and oddly one box in our cluster has this problem and the other one works fine. We had consultants set up the cluster, so they obviously mis-configured something on one box, but we haven't been able to figure out what it is. I'd be very interested in hearing what setting causes this behavior...
Grundy
Well, we still don't have an answer either, but Iwov did provide a workaround for the WebDesk problem:
1. Shutdown TeamSite.
2. cd to <iw-home>/local and backup the entire entities directory.
3. cd to <iw-home>/local/entities directory and remove the Index file.
4. cd to <iw-home>/local/entities/Data dir and look for the entity file
corresponding to "SYSTEM"
5. Open the file and edit the second line which says:
Type = 1
to
Type = 0
6. Restart Teamsite.
This doesn't address the core issue of why TeamSite creates SYSTEM-owned files in the first place, but it does allow WebDesk to function correctly in the meantime. I'll keep you posted if we figure out a real solution.
Bowker
We have also experienced an issue with files not showing up when viewing "all files". Locked or modified files show up when you choose to view only those.
The issue (at least at our site) was resolved/caused by the zz_ files in the root of the workarea left behind by the preview of templated files. After deleting the zz_ files webdesk users were able to see all the files in that workarea.
test.dcpackage
Grundy
Check the ownership on those zz_ files. I suspect you'll find the owner on those is SYSTEM. We went through the same thing thinking it was just the preview files at first, but then found that any SYSTEM-owned file would cause problems for WebDesk. If I'm right and your issue is the same, you might try the workaround I posted to this thread earlier today. It should at least keep you from having to manually delete those zz_ files over and over again.
Ottawa_IWOV
I cannot find the entity file that corresponds to SYSTEM in the entities/data directory. I even rebuilt the entity database, it is not one of the nine roles that are created with add_edb.pl.
Any ideas here, we are having a small crisis
Lucas Cochrane
lcochrane@dc.com
Grundy
We found the right file on our system by searching for the string "AN:
YSTEM" in all files in the data directory.
Not sure what to think if that doesn't turn up anything. You may want to try creating a couple of files in WebDesk Pro to see whether they still have "SYSTEM" as owner after rebuilding the entity db.
Ottawa_IWOV
I get nothing when I search on this. I also checked every file manually (we don't have too many users...) I really don't know where to go from here..
Hope someone can help...
Thanks
Lucas Cochrane
lcochrane@dc.com
justin_hardin
Are you on the exact same version/build of TeamSite? Maybe that's why you're not seeing that file/text?
--Justin
Adam Stoller
Why is this an issue?
Is "SYSTEM" (no leading domain\) in your iw-home/conf/roles/master.uid file?
Also, FYI, on my W2K TeamSite 5.5.2 system - I see the following (current directory is iw-home/local/entities/)
./Data/85:Aliases = { "S::0x010100000000000512", "AN::NT AUTHORITY\\SYSTEM"}
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
Delay.txt