Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Content store issue
System
Hello...
Recently we upgraded our Development environment to TeamSite 672 SP1/Solaris 10. For testing, we copied the default content store from Production (running on 671 SP1/Solaris 10) environment to this Development environment, after starting TS services the default store was not mounted.
I tried to activate the default store manually, but I got I/O error exception.
In iwtrace.log, I observed some incompatibility message as below:
********************************************
[Thu May 28 16:34:58 2009] TEnvironment: fd limit 65536 max 65536
[Thu May 28 16:34:58 2009] Incompatibility: reading version 300009 backing store
[Thu May 28 16:34:58 2009] with server that only understands versions 300000-300008.
[Thu May 28 16:34:58 2009] Failed to activate store 0x64 default
[Thu May 28 16:34:58 2009] Shut down invalid store 0x64 at "/appdata/iw-store/default"
********************************************
I've already logged a case with Autonomy Interwoven. I just want to check if anyone has faced this issue.
Thanks!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Well:
There may be other questions, but without know the answers to the above we're just shooting completely in the dark.
Migrateduser
Hi, thanks for your reply!
Please find the answer for your queries below.
• Did you stop or freeze your production server before beginning to copy the store?
- Yes, all the stores were freezed on Production server before taking the copy of the default content store.
- I’ve used
tar –cvpf /tmp/default.tar IW-STORE/default
• Did you stop your dev server before copying it there?
- Yes, the TeamSite services were stopped on Dev server before copying.
• Did you remove the pre-existing store directory on your dev server or are you mounting the production store as a 2nd store? (if the latter, describe what you did - again, in detail)
I’ve removed the pre-exising content under default store as below:
- Stopped the TeamSite services.
- Removed all the content from IW-STORE/default (After taking backup ),
- Then copied the production content using
tar –xvpf /applogs/default.tar
from IW-STORE
• What version of TS is on your production server (dev being 672SP1)?
- The Production server is running on 671 SP1
• What OS is your production server (dev being Solaris 10)?
- The Production server is running on Solaris 10.
• What does iwgetstore return on your dev server?
- The iwgetstore is giving the content store location i.e. /appdata/iw-store
• Where did you place the copy of the store on your dev server? (include full path to, and including, the store directory)
- Store was copied to /applogs/default.tar and store directory is /appdata/iw-store/. From /appdata/iw-store folder, I've used
tar -xvpf /applogs/default.tar
I've been using the same steps to copy store between servers, and I'm facing this only on TS 672 SP1.
Adam Stoller
The things I can think of off-hand (and forgive me, I'm a bit tired right now) are:
supports using the '-w' flag -- the details are in the release notes, though hopefully they'll be moved into the CLT manual).Clearly these are birds of a different feather.I've also dealt with copying (or accessing) stores between TS servers running the same version - and then again I've generally done the entire iw-store directory.Not sure whether any of the above is helpful. You might have to contact Support for further assistance.