Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Template Based Email: To: field exceeds limit
System
I've been using Template Based Emails (TBE) in all my workflows for years. Works great. But recently, as we've migrated to TeamSite groups and added new users, I've noticed that some of our workflow generated emails are missing their Subject text. I've painstakingly figured out that the cause of this is that the To: field is too long. Too many people in the group of a grouptask that the email is sending to. We've been trying to figure out how to resolve this issue.
The problem is that the TBE uses the group name to build the To: string if a grouptask is the next task to be active after the email is sent. We considered using an email alias somehow to represent a group of people, but that will mess up the grouptask, since the grouptask needs individual users represented so they can perform the grouptask.
Has anyone else run into this issue and resolved it somehow? Any thoughts?
TS 6.7.1
Solaris
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Caveat....
After pouring through the iw_solution_email.ipl and the MIME:Lite module, I realized that Interwoven ships the iw_solution_email.ipl script with the variable:
$I_DONT_HAVE_SENDMAIL = 1;
So the default is not to use sendmail. After I changed it to:
$I_DONT_HAVE_SENDMAIL = 0;
Things seem to be working better.