Hello All,
I am new to SitePublisher/LiveSite so forgive me for beginner questions.
I am running TeamSite 6.7.2 SP1 on Windows server 2003.
I am trying to set up a custom page layout.
To avoid RTFM's:
From: TeamSite SitePublisher® Developer’s Guide - Version 6.7.2 Service Pack 1
Page 267 - Creating a Custom Fixed Layout
To create a custom fixed layout, you must create a fixed layout configuration .xml file. Fixed layout configurations go into a workarea-relative folder iw/config/fixed-layout and should be named descriptive.xml. The name of the file is not shown to the user, but the file must have an extension of xml. The fixed layout configuration folder is scanned for changes each time you do anything that requires a layout. To enable the configuration you must name it with an .xml suffix, place it in the iw/config/fixed-layout folder and verify that it is a well-formed document and obeys the rules outlined below. If the configuration is not well formed or does not obey the rules, then a log message is generated explaining the problem. If everything is correct, then the configuration is immediately available for the following operations: create or update site, create page, edit page, and preview page. No further actions are required for the configuration file to be recognized by SitePublisher. |
I've followed the steps specified using the example XML given in the manual. When I edit a page I don't see my layout as an option under Page Settings -> Layout Options.
The manual says that 'If the configuration is not well formed or does not obey the rules, then a log message is
generated explaining the problem'. but usefully ommits the location of this log message.
Under 'Advanced Configurations and Custom Types' on Page 227 the manual states:
Type definitions are located in the following files: „iw-home/local/config/pagetype-config.xml. This document defines page types, layout types, and supported combinations. |
This configuration file doesn't exist?? When I create my new layout do I somehow have to configure a page type to use my new layout?
Clear as mud!
Many Thanks.