Hi Guys,We are migrating from TS 5.5 + Solaris 8 to TS 6.7.2 Solaris 10.While migrating the code, we identified a problem where in the TPL file, iwextattr command is trying to set metadata on the output file which does not exist. But this code is working fine on 5.5 but while moving this code file to TS 6.7.2, it is throwing compilation error message.
I am pasting the TPL code snippet here for better understanding my $iwhome = TeamSite::Config::iwgethome(); my $sourceDCR = iwpt_get_dcr_name(); $sourceDCR =~ s#^/.iwmnt/#/iwmnt/#o; my $outPage = iwpt_get_ofile_name(); $outPage =~ s#^/.iwmnt/#/iwmnt/#o;..........# Set the metadata`$iwhome/bin/iwextattr -s TeamSite/Metadata/id="$number" $outPage`;I remember there was some capability to inheirt metadata, is it because of that it is working on existing 5.5 machine or any other reasons?
But this code is working fine on 5.5 but while moving this code file to TS 6.7.2, it is throwing compilation error message.
I have attached the tpl file for reference as well
Didnt get Andy "DCR creating a new file"Can you detail out more
yes guys, i understand that there needs to be checks before we run iwextattr command but this is a migration project and this is a legacy code.I will attach the tpl file as well but still I am not sure how it is working on TS 5.5I did couple of tests, like removing all the iwextattr commands then tpl is able to work but with iwextattr command when it is throwing compilation error.Fedrick, party time will come but it needs to be resolved first..!!I have attached the tpl file for reference as well
Isn't there more to the compilation error message that you can share with us?
This runs fine with new/old DCR ..Just a thought, how do we inherit metadata from DCR to generated page? I believe there was some configuration for this.. Correct?