Forms pub certainly can do what you are asking. There are examples on generating an index page from a list of DCRs.You do not say what rev of TS you have, OS, what form the news is in, what type of templates you use (TPL/XSLT) . So check out the examples and next question, fill out some of the missing pieces.
nipper, thank you for your support. I use TeamSite 6.7.1.0 on windows NT.I use Data Capture Template to create the form and presentation template is TPL. I checked TeamSite FormsPublisher Developer’s Guide and it doesn't mention that the template could be XSLT. if it could, where can I find some information?Regarding the examples, Did you say tutorials on http://server/iw/help/tst/pt? use iw_perl, iw_load_dcr tags? As I understand, tutorial 3 need iwpt_compile.ipl with many parameters to generate output from command line. could it be done in the way of clicking Generate/Regenerate page in the menu of teamsite user interface? It is easy to use.As the number of DCR increases, how is the performance to load them and generate output?
could it be done in the way of clicking Generate/Regenerate page in the menu of teamsite user interface? It is easy to use. As the number of DCR increases, how is the performance to load them and generate output?
I tend to write separate indexing scripts that utilize the Perl modules for parsing DCRs / XML that run separately from the normal page generation process (or get called from it). How you choose to do it is ultimately up to you.
I tend to write separate indexing scripts that utilize the Perl modules for parsing DCRs / XML that run separately from the normal page generation process (or get called from it). How you choose to do it is ultimately up to you. Could you explain it more?
What part of that didn't you understand?Or were you asking for me to give you my code for traversing through DCRs, extracting the desired information and then generating an index file? (which I am not going to provide - I do [sometimes] work for a living)
I never asked for a full implementation of code. If my words lead to any misunderstanding, I am sorry. As a beginner, I would like to hear any ideas from any people. Just like nipper said, he thought it is the best approach to use iwpt_compile and do it in a workflow. I will try it by myself and verify if it is a good idea.Actually, in most cases, ideas are more important and precious than code/grammar. I would be grateful if anyone could share any ideas.
While you mentioned means of living, could you leak a little little inforamtion about the prospect and treatment as a CMS/Interwoven consultant? I am also wondering if Interwoven is the best way to do CMS. I feel their documentations are really hard to study.