Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
MediaBin Links/Download files history
System
I am looking for information on where to find the length of time that files selected for download or for e-mails remain on the system. I thought there was a configuration option somewhere.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
msrinivas
Do you mean the files that user adds to shopping cart?
Migrateduser
Yes, those too, but also just selecting via checkboxing items and downloading or e-mailing as link or shortcut.
msrinivas
AFAIK, at least till 4.6.1, shopping cart gets emptied when user logs out. The link or e-mail assets are virtual/pointers. They should be there till temp files that hold the GUID files on the MB web server are manually removed (assuming that the actual assets have not been moved/deleted).
These can be customized to suit customer requirements.
BalajiMK
Do you mean the "TransferFolder" items?
They will be deleted when the session times out or when the user logout. This session timeout can be changed in IIS.
If you meant the "Shopping Cart" items, they will be cleared when the user logout from MediaBin.
Migrateduser
Yes, that's right, the shopping cart gets cleared on log out, but if I choose to download items or e-mail items as a link to someone else, how long do those files accessed by the link stay around? they can't go away on logout, otherwise, they would be have to be accessed before I log out of my session. I thought there was a config option that defaulted to 7 days or something that could be changed.
BalajiMK
That's APPLICATION("MAX_EMAIL_LINK_AGE") in global.asa.
is that what you are looking at?
Migrateduser
Yes, exactly! I couldn't find it in any of the documentation. Thanks so much for your help!