Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Is recursive the only way?
GlenW
I am constructing workspaces using code and then I need to immediately change the owner of not only the workspace, but all the underlying structures (tabs and folders of all types) to preserve the original structure from change by the users.
Our policy is that we allow them to add to the structure, but they cannot change or delete any aspects of the original structure.
My questions are:
1. Is using a recursive setup the ONLY way to access all the subfolder objects on a workspace in order to change the owner? In other words, is there one collection directly under the workspace object that will list ALL folder-type objects no matter how deep the structure may go?
2. Is there any easier way to change the owner in the structure OTHER than the method described above (iterating through all subfolder objects)?
Any help, insight or code snippets would be greatly appreciated.
Sincerely,
Glen Wolinsky
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
GPF
Hi Glen,
Did you find an answer to your question? I am trying to do a similar thing and I must say, I'm surprised at the number of questions in this forum that remain unanswered!
Any tips regarding recursively listing subfolders/files greatly appreciated.
Regards
Gary