Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Password about to expire - causes clients to hang
mlerman
I have some questions about logins and authentication as it relates to the various MediaBin apps. We're running MediaBin 4.6.1 build 7 on Windows 2003 Server. On a single box, we have the MediaBin server, web clients, application client, as well as deployment agent web client and server, publication service + hotfolders.
The services related to mediabin (MB Server, MB Server CAD Job Proc, MB Server CAD Queue Server, MB Publication Service, MB Deployment Agent Service) all Log On As either Local System or as a user that is part of the Administrators group.
We have another user that is part of the administrators group, called mbadmin. This account is not the one used to log the services in. This is normally the account used to log into the MediaBin and DeploymentAgent web clients. This account is set to have the password expire at regular intervals. When then password is about to expire (as indicated when one attempts to log onto the OS as mbadmin), the mbadmin account can no longer be used to log in to the web clients. In fact, no account can be used to log in, while mbadmin is in this state. Any attempts to do so cause the client to hang and crash.
MediaBin was not installed or set up by my group; no one who was involved is still with our group. As such, there may be parts of the MediaBin installation I'm not familiar with.
What I'd like to do is remove any dependency of the system on the mbadmin account, which has expiring passwords. This is why I've set up the services to start under a different account, and have tried logging in under a different user. The crashing issues only arise when mbadmin is in a password-needs-resetting state, but I can't find the dependency in the installation/setup. Where am I missing?
Any help on this issue would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
lyman
Please open an incident with support and provide the MediaBin logs. Off the top of my head I cannot think of any logical explanation for the symptoms you describe.
Is the MediaBin inaccessible from the Windows Native Client during this period?
Cheers,
Lyman Hurd
mlerman
It was actually due to an unrelated issue, which our server-hosts helped us resolve.
Thanks for the response.
lyman
Glad it got resolved. Thanks for updating the thread :-).
Cheers,
Lyman Hurd