Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Binary counters and accurate reporting
System
Binary counters (tracking pixels) are incredibly useful for tracking use of asynchronous page elements, however, contemporary browsers will not attempt to load new images directly before redirection. In the case a binary counter is used directly preceding a redirection, it will not report the majority of the traffic that passes through.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
aboyer
I ran into this issue - the request wasn't being made to Optimost server when it redirected. To remedy this, I had to set a timeout before it redirected so it gave enough time to make the request. Any alternatives that would work better than using timeout?
Migrateduser
I'm unaware of any good workaround for this. Even with a timeout, I do not believe every hit will be recorded.