Please help educate how to set the dcr name in full path when being on the edit page. I'm trying to find the answer from manuals and forums but no clue about it.When click edit to an dcr -> at the form bar on the top will display the dcr name without path, but what we wanna have is to see the dcr name in full path from "data" folder.I find that the full path is implemented in the production server. I'm trying to work on this for the test server but have no idea how to change the config.Thank you in advance for your help.Sureerat P.(TS 6.1.0 Service Pack 1)
Hiring a knowledgeable consultant would probably be your best bet. Reading the FormAPI manual and learning how to read and understand your production server setup yourself will work if you're so inclined. Getting trained in the product would also help.Beyond that - you would need to tell us what version of TS you are using (including service pack and patch information) and provide us access to all your production sources for the DCT and it's associated FormAPI code in order for us to have a reasonable chance at identifying what you are apparently not seeing, to explain why/how it works.
Thank you for your reply.So I should find the answer myself or pay for it. Sorry to post question here.
Please don't be offended, but I think your (original poster's) question is poorly phrased, in poor English... and I wouldn't be surprised if people misunderstood your question. The way I understand it, you say that ...... if you EDIT an existing DCR that is stored at /templatedata/Cat/Type/data/sub/sub2/my-dcr.xml, ...... then on 1 of your machines, the EDIT form header will display the DCR file name as "my-dcr.xml", while another machine will display "sub/sub2/my-dcr.xml"? Is that a correct interpretation?Hmm. I didn't know there was a configuration parameter to modify this behaviour.
Well, this reply is exactly what I'm asking, thank you to help explain
A while back I've posted a hack showing how to change this Field using FormAPI. Other than that I'm not aware of anydocumented/supported mechanisms to do it. So...- Do you have identical FormAPI libraries in different Environments?- For that matter, are you sure you have identical datacapture.cfg Files?- When you say that Prod/Test behave differently, have you compared DCRs of the same Category/Type?