Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Data Deploy How Useful It Is?
dolly1
Hi,
For one of my project we have to store the content created in teamsite to oracle database. We are considering Data deploy to do this for us. I am not sure how far data deploy will help. We might have pretty complex DCTs with multiple nested elements and replicants.
I have tried to gather information from other implementations of Data Deploy and we have not received a positive feedback that data deploy was not able to handle the complex DCTs etc and they have to write their custom framework to deploy the content to the database.
We will be using
Solairs 10, TS 6.7., opendeploy and data deploy 6.1.1
Any pointers are appreciated.
Thanks,
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
My personal feelings about DD are that:
problems - but I think (no real hard evidence to back it up) they are in the minority.It's kind of a shame - OD is generally a breeze, DD more like a tsunami (or maybe stagnant hot/humid air?).
pammi
It all depends on your requirement.
I used DataDeploy (Teamsite 5.5.2/6.5) with no issues.Prior to DataDeploy we used java to deploy the content to database with TeamSite 4.5/5.0
Thanks
moonkhanna
I agree to Adam. DD is not very good at Complex Relationships. I did rather code this myself using Perl etc.