Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Using IWOVServices sample app/ Checking in new document
wwest
Hello,
We are attempting to use the CheckInNewDocument in the WorksiteWeb services. First, we tried it with custom code but because of errors that we cannot troubleshoot, we are now only trying to use the services sample application that is installed with the product - but still cannot get it to work. We are using the correct moniker for the destination folder, and all other fields needed are supplied, but we consistently get back "Unable to access the object. It may have been deleted or you may not have security access." I am able to upload files to that folder within worksite web without issue. I have attempted to change the tracing level with the web.config, but WSW seems to ignore it. The file I attempt to upload does get copied into the "temp" directory under the WSW install directory, so I know the file is getting that far. Can anyone give info on how to get the sample app to work for us and/or how to get more details about what is happening within interwoven that is causing this error?
Thanks!
-wwest
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
What user you are using for calling web services ? Is that user has enough permission to access the folder in question ? You must be using an active directory using with domain name, so make sure that user has permission to access the folder in question -
If you turn off the custom error, you might be able to see the callstack using fiddler or any http debug to see where exactly its throwing the error
Thanks
Sheetal
www.docstree.com
wwest
This for anyone having the same issue. Interwoven confirmed this to be a bug in their product - to be fixed in patch 6 due out "mid february" (2009).
JKlein
I am having the same exact issue. I was going nuts trying to figure this one out. I had to search the forums in all different ways just to find your post.
Why is the documentation for the Web Services so lean? There is a lot of definition on what to pass, but very little else. Like what is the difference between CheckInNewDocument and CreateDocuments, seems like there is none really except for a comments field. It would be nice to have a description of each service call.
Anyway I'm going to go see if this "patch" is available.
Thanks for posting this.