Web servers have the concept of default datatype so that if I enter /some/path/ it will look for index.html (or whatever) and display. This is 1990's technology and yet LS cannot do something as simple as if I use /some/site/path/ default to index.page.
Since we have a mix of HTML pages and SP we cannot do a mass rewrite and our apache config looks quite ugly.
The other being that the finish button in SP cannot start a WF - which templates have supported since 2000 or so.
You should be able to just add "index.page" and / or "default.page" into the configuration file (web.xml) and it should work just fine. I have never tried it myself with LiveSite but have done it with app servers in general many times. I would bet that it will work. You need something like this:index.page. I do agree that this simple configuration could be done OOTB. Sounds like a FR.
This works in CC Std but somehow left out in CC Pro. There maybe -- just maybe -- a way to "hack" it for CC Pro since its working in CC Std. Again sounds like a FR opportunity here :-)
You should be able to just add "index.page" and / or "default.page" into the configuration file (web.xml) and it should work just fine. I have never tried it myself with LiveSite but have done it with app servers in general many times. I would bet that it will work. You need something like this:index.page. I do agree that this simple configuration could be done OOTB. Sounds like a FR. Follow the instructions Building a Toolkit in the LS manual ? I will try it
Follow the instructions Building a Toolkit in the LS manual ? I will try it
Ah -- on the second thought I think the default/index.page in web.xml may not work because LS has its logic where if a page/URL is not found under the /sites path then it'll take you the "error" page or the "home/start" page defined for the site. This logic may precede/override the web.xml settings.So your option may be to just go with URL Alias for now + file a FR.
The URL alias idea is for SP only correct ? We have people with bookmarks (or just typed in) /blah.com/some/folder/ , will that work with a URL alias ?