Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
VFE Vs TinyMCE
Evani20
What would you prefer to work with, Visual Format Editor or TinyMCE?
Which editor do you think the most user friendly and has better features? Please share with us if you have any bad experience with either of editors.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
I do not use either. I don't think you need them
This
thread
may help
A lot depends on the environment, MCE is more open. I also *suspect* IWOV is moving away from VFE to MCE, but that is pure speculation and I have no hard facts. More of a gut feeling.
issue.png
Adam Stoller
In my current project (done tomorrow) - I upgraded my customer from 552 to 672SP1 [Windows] - and their few existing DCTs used VFE.
I attempted to switch them to using TinyMCE (mostly because it doesn't require a client installation piece) but we ran into some odd behavior (unable to save DCR "invalid category/type null", and such). So I switched back to having the DCTs use VFE and everything seemed to work (except the stupid URL issue, which I fixed in the PTs).
Personally, I agree with Nipper - the less you use WYSIWYG editors within the DCT the better - but I also acknowledge that trying to work around actual needs for that kind of functionality can sometimes be more trouble than its worth. In such cases I try to make the toolbar as streamlined as possible, to provide just the needed functionality and nothing else. This is regardless to whether you are using VFE or TinyMCE.
The rationale for the above is that the thrust of the FormsPublisher mantra is the separation of content from presentation - and when you include a WYSIWYG editor within the DCT you automatically break that concept.
Its bad enough when HTML code is injected into the DCR, its worse when javascript and other such code is also injected into the DCR (one of my previous customers had this issue and it caused a lot of pain when trying to deal with translation of the content)