Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Open A Document in DeskSite(FileSite) using ASP.NET
System
Hi,
I got an ASP.Net application, I need to open the document in DeskSite if it is installed on the client machine, else open it in the Worksite Viewer (assuming it is installed on every client machine).
This is something I have seen on Desksite, when right click and select "Send Nrl/Url". But still it open the document only in Worksite Viewer.
My requirement is when the user click the Button or Link on the ASP.Net page, they should be navigate to the document, containing folder on the DeskSite. So they can make changes on the document inside Desksite itself.
Could anyone tell me is this possible or not.
Cheers.
Gihan.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Gihan
Using JavaScript you can create a instance of ImanExt in a try catch block. If the object creation is succesful, it means DeskSite/File is installed. You can then create a NRL file and put in the hyperlink for user. If not, you can create the hyperlink to the WorkSite Web
Thanks
Sheetal
Sheetal Jain
Founder/Chief Architect
www.docstree.com
Migrateduser
Hi Sheetal,
Thanks for your reply. Could you please tell me how do I create NRL object on ASP.NET? What function I should be looking at?
Also when I try opening the NRL file which is created by right clicking on the document (from Desksite), it opened in Worksite Viewer not in Desksite.
Cheers
Gihan.
Migrateduser
Hi Sheetal,
I manged to create a Nrl object (an Nrl file) on the server, when the client try to open the file, it opened in Workstie Viewer. How do i make it to open in Desksite/FileSite.
Cheers
Gihan.