Hi,I am new to data deploy concept. We have setup data deploy for DCR content to database. So if we create a new DCR and a new record will be inserted into Database.1. What will happen when an existing DCR is edited ? Provided you are pushing a unique identifier from your DCR which is acting as Primary key in your DB, corresponding record will be deleted and new record written2. Will data deploy update the corresponding record in data base ? yes3. On DCR edit is it true that data deploy first deletes the existing record in database and then inserts the updated dcr content to database ? I believe, it deletes the complete table and then writes it back..4. Also what happens if we delete a DCR ? How do I make sure that corresponding database record also gets deleted ? You will need to have a separate delete workflow. Best approach would be not to delete the complete record but just add a deletion flag to your tablePlease pardon me if these are very basic questions.Rohit
Hi,I am new to data deploy concept. We have setup data deploy for DCR content to database. So if we create a new DCR and a new record will be inserted into Database.1. What will happen when an existing DCR is edited ? 2. Will data deploy update the corresponding record in data base ? 3. On DCR edit is it true that data deploy first deletes the existing record in database and then inserts the updated dcr content to database ?4. Also what happens if we delete a DCR ? How do I make sure that corresponding database record also gets deleted ?Please pardon me if these are very basic questions.Rohit
Hi,Can anyone confirm, how does data deploy behaves in case of updating a DCR ?Does data deploy deleted the existing database row & creates a new one when we edit an existing DCR?
Hi Munish,Thanks for your reply. It was helpful. One more thing. 1. If I delete a DCR can data deploy delete the record related to this DCR from database ?2. Do I need to write something extra to achive DCR deletion and corresponding database record deletion using Data Deploy ?Rohit