Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Apply inherited permissions to a group of files
prof_brazen_guff
Hi there
I'm running TS 6.7.2 on Windows and have a group of DCRs that, for some reason, haven't inherited the permissions of the parent folder.
None of the logical steps seem to work, including giving the user who reported the issue full control of the parent folder.
I'm guessing there must be a way of applying these permissions en masse, but as yet the only way I've dound of sorting the problem is by applying the inherited permissions on each file in turn.
Any advice gratefully received.
Thanks
Paul
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Unfortunately, I think you have to do it file-by-file.
I ran into this on a recent "upgrade" - and ended up writing a script that traversed every file and directory in every workarea on every branch to see if inheritance was set, and if not - to set it.
The script took forever to run, and you end up with a lot of "modified" files in its wake that then need to be submitted.
I believe others have reported similar issues with 672 - this seems to be its weakest point.
prof_brazen_guff
Hi
Thanks for the response, even though it wasn't really the answer I was looking for ;-)
Paul