Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Performance of teamsite 6.7.2
vikaslohia
Hi,
I have installed teamsite 6.7.2 SP1 and have seen that heavy pages are taking almost double time for generation when compared to generating the same page on teamsite 6.5.0 SP2. On both the environments, there is no user load and I am the only person logged on. The infrastructure holding 6.7.2 is far better than the one holding 6.5.0. Both the environments are on windows.
Has anybody faced this? Does teamsite 6.7.2 SP1 actually respond slower than 6.5.0 SP2?
Regards,
Vikash
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jagadesh
Are you trying to run the page generation for the migrated DCR's or the new DCR's are created in new env.
vikaslohia
I am running the DCR which was copied over from the old environment. Do you mean if I create the same DCR again in the new environment, it would work better? Also, since this is a migration from 6.5.0 to 6.7.2, I believe there is no specific migration activity required for the iw-store. I have just copied over the iw-store. Is this ok?
jagadesh
Just try to run one ipl using benchmark to track the completion time in both environments. I hope you are using tpl presentation templates to generate the page(not xsl).
vikaslohia
I tried that. Even running the tpl from the command line takes almost double time on the new environment. Any furthur suggestions most welcome.
Migrateduser
Check your CPU and memory utilization to isolate the problem. Is it really teamsite or something else. What kind of environment do u have? is it on Unix /windows?
jagadesh
This problem we faced in our old project as well. The root causes are here
1. iwperl wrong installation
2. System(processor) architecture
....
any way you need check with the compatibility matrix for the Teamsite 6.7.2 sp1.
vikaslohia
The CPU is fine, there is only teamsite installed on the server. The compatibility matriz has also been checked. The same tpl performs well on another server with lesser capability with teamsite 6.5.0 SP2.
jagadesh - can you please explain a little more as to what the issue was.
Also, can someone also point out how I can can put some timestamp statements to check which part of tpl is taking longer?
Regards,
vikash
jed
Before you investigate TeamSite as the root cause, you might want to run generic benchmarks that do not involve TeamSite on the old and new box. I have seen app teams waste days on performance issues only to discover something is wrong with the physical box.
Migrateduser
We had regular periods of dramatic slow performance and currently have an incident open with support on it.
Different periods throughout the day, alot of users to no users, hardware was improved and performance still very bad.