[font=Arial]Hi,
[/font]
[font=Arial]I am requesting some much needed advice regarding the best way to adjust the configuration of Tomcat/LiveSite to meet my needs.
[/font]
[font=Arial]I am using LiveSite 3.0 with the Tomcat directly serving pages and configured for requests on port 80.
[/font]
[font=Arial]At present in order to request pages on the web site it is necessary to make a request to:
[/font]
[font=Arial](currently)
[/font]
[font=Arial]http://SERVERNAME/sites/SITENAME/home.page and
[/font]
[font=Arial]http://SERVERNAME/sites/SITENAME/folder/subfolder/any.page
[/font]
[font=Arial]
[/font]
[font=Arial]
[/font]
[font=Arial]What is the best way to re-configure so that requests can be made as follows?
[/font]
[font=Arial](required)
[/font]
[font=Arial]http://SERVERNAME/home.page and
[/font]
[font=Arial]http://SERVERNAME/folder/subfolder/any.page
[/font]
[font=Arial]
[/font]
[font=Arial]In other words I don't want visitors to have to type "sites/SITENAME" into the URL
[/font]
[font=Arial]
[/font]
[font=Arial]
[/font]
[font=Arial]I have tried using the Url Rewrite Filter available at http://www.tuckey.org/urlrewrite/ however I have not yet been able to get it working the way I need.
[/font]
[font=Arial]
[/font]
[font=Arial]If this could be achieved by putting a webserver in front of Tomcat then I would try this as a last resort. I'd prefer to use IIS in that case.
[/font]
[font=Arial]
[/font]
[font=Arial]Does anyone have a solution? I'm sure that this must have come up previously however I can't see any threads relating to it.
[/font]
[font=Arial]
[/font]
[font=Arial]Thanks!!!
[/font]