Hi all,I need to pass a number (constant) from one DCR to another on the save of the first. Any suggestions on this issue.Thanks in advance.
I need to pass a number (constant) from one DCR to another on the save of the first. Any suggestions on this issue.
FWIW, I would consider changing the the requirement a bit. Instead of pushing a value from DCR1 to DCR2, have DCR2 read DCR1 for this information. DCR2 will only need it during a WF or iwpt_compile (depending on how you use the data) and you can easily open DCR1, grab the value and use it. Implementing this approach would be simple to do and *should* cover all of your use cases.Andy
Thanks a lot people,well I too thought the same, as I am not able to implement using the earlier scenario. The value (constant) is an auto generated random number, in DCR1. Regarding WF, it is not an issue as it will get initiated when both the DCR's get saved.Another thing is that am already using one or more callServer's in my DCR so if I have to parse another DCR then that might effect the implementation speed. So am stil trying to find a solution for this.Could you please let me know hoe to call the other DCR from one DCR(via JS or IPL file).Thanks again Nipper and Pawan for your valuable suggestions.............