Dear All,I'm working on the backuping of the Y: Drive on a logical drive.My client needs his data to be backuped and to access its files externally of Teamsite. A normal backup (NetBackup) doesn't work as the Y: drive emulated (IWFS) is not recognized by the Backup Tools.We considered the possibility of backuping the whole content of the Y: drive on a logical drive, but as I'm testing (with a simple command line like xcopy), it takes about 25 minutes to copy 350Mb of data, and there is 36Gb of Data (so a estimate total of 40 hours to copy the whole thing).I'm assuming those times are "normal" due to the fact that the disk is emulated, am I right?If so, how can I manage to have those files backuped each day?I'm working on Teamsite 6.0 on a Windows System.
You do not modify 36G of data daily, do you? So, bite the bullet once and create a back-up whatever time it takes.Then find yourself a Tool capable of deploying only modified assets (Delta's). One of these Tools is IWOV Open Deploy(OD), you may already have it if you are using TS
Actually I already know this request is ... how to say this... not really clever, still i'm not here to question the motives on this point, i'm (sadly) not paid for this.To sum up and understand the motive of the request, it's mainly aimed at backuping data that is not effectively backuped by the Teamsite tool (mainly DCRs, and all the files that were not submitted at least once).Still, even if i create a script to filter the uneeded files, it stills takes loads of time to go through all the directories on the Y: Drive.Because even if I only backup the content of the Workareas I'm dividing the size of the data by about 2, so it will lead to the copying of about 15 to 20 Go, which is still to much...