Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Email Search Issues
dug
I have what seems to be a simple request, but I can't see a simple solution.
The user would like a search folder in a workspace where they can see all of the e-mails in that workspace that have been sent from the current user. (They also want to see all of the e-mails where they are a recipient as well).
A simplistic approach would be to create a search folder where From=%userid% but unfortunately, the userid isn't the same as the descriptive e-mail address.
If I could somehow intercept the filing of an e-mail, I could convert the e-mail address into the userid and then store that someplace. (We could run some kind of timed process, but it would make more sense to process the e-mail when first stored in the DMS).
The other type of approach would be to provide a custom command that uses the SDK to produce the desired results, but this isn't the ideal user experience.
This seems like such a simple request to have to jump through such hoops, I thought I would see if anyone could point out what I'm missing?
Doug
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet