I've searched and read posts regarding writing to EA's from FormAPI. I haven't been able to find however a whole lot on reading a DCR's extended attributes and setting fields in a DCR based on the values returned.
I walked into an implementation that was using the values in DCR fields to write to EAs using a callserver. A new requirement has users utilizing the tagUI to apply EAs to DCRs, and I have raised the concern of the EAs and it's corresponding DCR field being out-of-sync.
It's in the onSave event that a callserver is used to write values from DCR items (such as keywords for example) to the DCRs extended attribute. So, if a user then uses the tagUI to modify the DCRs extended attribute and then opens the DCR, edits any field and saves it, the value that they entered in the tagUI is now gone.
Not looking necessarily for a solution, although that would be wonderful

Perhaps just ideas on the best way to handle this.
Thanks,
Lee