HiI have tried similar thing in a WF.Custom instantiation screen will come always whenever a WF will be instantiated .If you have global variables (Hidden=False)then it will display those variables.What u can do to avoid user to click/fill anything on custom instantiation screen is simply make all Global Varibales Hidden.This will result in a blank screen at WF instantiation ,user need not to do anything,it will disappear in few seconds.May be in this way you can skip custom instantiation screen and user can directly reach to cgi task.
Hi , I have a CGI Task in my Workflow which starts first. so I would like to capture "job description" on the CGI Screen it self in place of Custom instantiation screen. I would like to skip the Custom instantiation screen and allow user to proceed directly to the CGI Screen. Any suggestions how to proceed on this.Thanks,satchk
Set the Immediate flag to true in the CGI Task properties panel
Your suggestion would make sense if the question was "how do I get a cgitask to start immediately?" - but that wasn't the question. The question was "how do I avoid the instantiation screen?"
If this is a WFT - I believe the answer has already been provided.If this is a WFM - then I believe part of the answer has already been provided - the other part would be that you [might] need to create a branch-specific instantiation form that you edit and remove (or pre-populate) the field(s) on the form so that there are no un-populated, required, fields in the instantiation form.
Reread his post. The question was how to bypass the instantiation screen and proceed directly to the CGI Task.Again take a closer look (hint: the title) and you'll see WFM is being used and you are waaaaay over complicating things. My post stands.Cheers
Okay - I admit - I missed the title when I was reviewing the thread before I posted - so the WFM response is probably correct (unless you can dictate that there are no instantiation prompts at all - which you might be able to do) - but my first contention is still correct - if you read the title of the post: "skip custom instantiation screen" - and your answer does not address that. One can easily have an initial cgitask owned by the job owner (iw_user) with immediate="t" in it - and still have to go through the instantiation screen before it starts.Perhaps it's just a matter of semantics.
Perhaps.My experience with WFM is that setting the immediate property to true for a CGI Task achieves 2 things:1) Skips the instantiation screen (the screen actually "flashes" for a nanosecond - probably a bug). There may be circumstances where this screen still appears, even with immediate set to true. Maybe with required global variables?2) Transitions to the CGI Task
Hi,We're facing the same issue here. We have Teamsite 671 SP1, WFM 1001, on Windows 2003 SP1.The workflow created in WFM, has a CGI task as the first task after Start. In the properties, we have set 'Immediate=true' and given the path for the cgi script. However, when we initiate the workflow, it goes to the default instantiation screen, which has the regular fields like Info, Comment, Reviewers, File Details. We too, want to skip this initial screen and make our CGI form as the first screen.We also marked the global variables (only 1 value is given - CONFIGURABLE with value as $IW_AREAOWNER) as hidden, and saved the model to Teamsite server. Still no change, and when we retrieved the model from server, the hidden field for global variables was unchecked.Any ideas as to how can we make the CGI form as the first screen?Thanks,Vikas
Have you tried reading the manual?If you customize the form to have no required prompts without default values, no required prompts at all, or no prompts at all - it should do what you want.
Ghoti: I too have this problem and I am aware to create a customized instantiation screen. HOWEVER I can't, reason as explained here: http://devnet.interwoven.com/forums_vb/showpost.php?p=150799&postcount=6When I invoked iwmodeldct command, I get (Access is denied) error. Help?