Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Iwproxy Memory Usage
Gregg Faus
Has anyone noticed that iwproxy.exe seems to eat more and more memory once the process continues to live? For instance, if I restart iwproxy and it starts out at about 15Mb of memory usage and then by day 2 it has swelled to 190 Mb. Is there something that could be virtualizing through proxy that would cause this? Or is this standard behavior?
Thanks.
System: TS 5.5.2 / Win 2k / Dual 1gig CPU / 1Gig Ram
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
FWIW, I don't see this on my server here, W2K 512MB TS552 SP1. The iwproxy process is using 1.5 MB, and I don't remember ever seeing it above 10.
How many users are you supporting simultaneously? What type of customer webserver is TeamSite using for preview support?
bw
Bob Walden [bob.walden@interwoven.com]
Interwoven Education Group
IM: Yahoo, MSN bob_walden
Gregg Faus
Sorry I should of stated this. The server only supports 5-10 users with IIS running for virtualization.
The memory usage usually peaks out and proxy doesn't keep eating memory. I just find it odd that is uses so much.
seeDerekNow
I'm experiencing the same issue. We're running TS5.5.2 SP1 on Win2k and IIS. This slows down IWProxy's performance considerably to the point were we have to restart proxy every night. Quite a pain in the ****.
Derek
Gregg Faus
Since upgrading to SP2b the problem is not as pronounced. It does use quite a bit of memory, but doesn't balloon to 100-200 MB like it used to. I just checked the server and it is sitting at a modest 30MB.
Maybe you should consider upgrading. It worked for me.
Migrateduser
Are you consistently getting better memory utilization with SP2B? I am trying to figure out if we should install this (and some other botches that have come out since SP2B). Keeping up with Interwoven patches is really an administrative problem in this environment. There have also been weird WebDesk errors and client performance issues on the SP2B server.
The Windows 2000SP2/TeamSite 5.5.2 SP2A server has been up for a record 12 days. Today everyone started getting out of memory errors from the server. I noticed that iwproxy had consumed over 125MB of memory and I was able to restart the service to free this up. iwserver has consumed over 100MB of memory, but I can't reboot it because it is being used for demonstrations. Even so, since the machine has over 2GB of RAM I don't see how these could be a problem, but definitely restarting the other TeamSite services fixed it.
Migrateduser
BTW we have zero proxy rules defined...
Gregg Faus
IW Server seems to be consuming more memory that it used to (sitting at 173 MB), but my proxy process no longer is eating memory. I've been up for more then 3 weeks w/o a reboot and don't see a need for a reboot in the near future.
I can't really speak to whether this came about because of SP2b or SP2a. I upgraded from baseline 5.5.2 to SP2 and that is what helped.
carnix
Not to throw a monkey wrench into this thread, but... I am on SP2b and I am seeing exponential iwproxy memory consumption every day. It usually starts at around 10, but will be over a GIG (!) within a couple days if left unchecked. To keep the performance hit down, I have to bounce the process once every 12 hours.
oh... and the server hasn't even yet gone into full production so it is rare that there are any two users doing anything on it at the same time...
Migrateduser
If people are still experiencing proxy problems, please open an IWOV support case. It is not clear from the postings what the root cause or triggers for the problem(s) may be.