Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
re-generate entire site and submit
TeamSite_Smasher
Is there a way to re-generate the entire site and submit for production?
i have implemented tracking tags into all of my templates, and dont want to have to re-generate each page and submit for production...
thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
This should be a FAQ.
There is no out of the box way to do it. However you can write a regen.ipl script without too much trouble.
Now, there are 2 approaches to regen. 1st just finds all files and just runs iwregen on it. Easy and it should work on almost all implementations.
However I tend to write a script that walks the templatedata tree and runs iwpt_compile for every DCR. It is more accurate (I use iw_ostream to gen other files and use the path to calculate the output path). Since, when I add a new DCR type, I add it to my generate_content step of my WF, I can add this iwpt_compile to my regen script as well. This approach is also faster since it does not look at all files in the WA and try to regen, rather it starts with the DCR and goes from there.
Andy