Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
How to stop Visual Format reformat attribute name
syim
We are using TeamSite 6.5. The Visual Format is reformating the attribute name of tablib into lower cases. Is there a way to prevent Visual Format to reformat the attribute name?
For example, we have custom taglib like followings:
<mc:link pageName="..."/>
After switch from View Source to View As WYSIWYG, the HTML source will get reformatted into followings:
<mc:link pagename="..." />
The attribute name "pageName" get reformatted into "pagename". Is there a way we can change Visual Format not to convert the attribute name into lower cases?
Is there a way to stop Visual Format from cleaning the HTML code?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Frederik
EDIT: IGNORE
your post above isn't properly formatting XML code on this I-like-to-mess-up-HTML-code messed up board...
syim
Thanks. I was adding the post in a hurry so did not realize the html code is not showing properly. I have fixed my original msg.
BTW. I wonder anyone know why Visual Format is reformatting attribute name into lower cases? Is there a way to stop Visual Format from reformatting the attribute name?
Frederik
Can you post the DCT fragment for the textarea. Do you use external-editor-config="..." to set specific VFE configs?
If there's anything special about your VFE config, can you attach that file?
syim
I did not use any special external editor. In my DCT, I have a textarea using Visual Format as followings:
<textarea external-editor="visualformat" />
I am using the default Visual Format config. I did not make any custom changes.
I suspect Visual Format is converting the HTML code into xhtml compliant by converting the attribute name of any HTML code in the textarea into lower cases, due to xhtml cocument must use lower cases for all HTML element and attribute names. Visual Format is not expecting users will type in java taglib, thus it is converting the attribute name into lower cases by mistake.